Sunday, October 23, 2011

MOFO - Day 23 - Beans, Beans the Magical Fruit

We are approaching the last week of vegan MOFO. This week the featured proteins will be not only beans, but dried peas and lentils too. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today, but I was working on some test recipes. I'm a little spent, so this post is going to be short and sweet.

Beans rock my world. I love so many different varieties, I am very excited about exploring them this week. They can be used in so many ways: soups, salads, entrees, side dishes and even desserts. Not too long ago, I was testing for an upcoming sandwich book and had them in a wrap. Oh, yes, it was tasty! Here is a little preview of the mighty bean all dressed up in a wrap. It's going to be a magical and musical week!

5 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

I'm also a huge lover of beans, I'm a bit obsessed with azuki beans at the moment after trying them in a recipe from Appetite For Reduction.

Dawn said...

That looks incredibly delicious! Looking forward to hearing more about beans!

Veg-In-Training said...

Azukis are awesome. There are so many different varieties and uses. It is going to be hard to narrow down!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to all the beans this week!
New tester recipes! I've been neglecting my tester duties, once mofo is over all be a good tester again :)

panda with cookie said...

That's a lovely little wrap you have there.