Thursday, October 13, 2011

MOFO - Day 13 - Cold Cuts

Yesterday I told you about the Gobbler Slices from the upcoming sandwich book from Tami Noyes and Celene Steen. They have some other cold cuts in store for you as well. If you've ever bought Tofurkey or any other type of vegan cold cuts, you are painfully aware of how expensive they are and how little you get. These ladies make it very easy to make your own (and it's much cheaper too!) Making cold cuts is as easy as making loaf seitan. It slices like a dream and freezes well for those busy weeks.

You have to check out this masterpiece of a Muffaletta Sammich! It is gigantoid! I have never had a Muffaletta quite like this one. It is an impressive sandwich to say the least. It travels well and will keep for a day in the fridge or in the cooler.

I'm on the road to Chicago for the week. I will be posting from there. I am going to try and hit two popular vegan restaurants while I am there, so check back next week for reviews of Karyn's on Green and Chicago Diner!!!

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Yet again, another beautiful post!

mikaila said...

Now THAT is a sandwich! I actually just returned from Chicago. The Diner was amazing - Reuben, Pesto Chicken, Wingz - all excellent. AND MILKSHAKES!

If you have time, you've got to check out Handlebar Bar & Grill. They have amazing french fries (tiny and super crispy) and their buffalo seitan wrap was out of this world.

coldandsleepy said...

That sandwich... those slices... drool.

Veg-In-Training said...

Thanks guys! I don't know if I will have time for Handlebar. It sound incredible. I am a fry fiend!

Amey said...

oh my god, that sandwich is positively MESMERIZING

Tami said...

Have an awesome trip, Kim!!!

foodfeud said...

WHOA MAMA

Sarah said...

I miss gluten and I want that SO BAD.

Diane said...

Never been to Chicago...Now I have a reason...YUM!