Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Final MoFo of 2010! Pepper Party!!

I want to thank you all for reading this month. It has been a long but fun food month. Every year at the end of MoFo I always have mixed emotions. I feel relieved that I can relax a bit and not try and come up with something worth reading for you every day. On the other hand I always feel like there is more I could have posted about. I really feel that way even more this year because I just think there are so many incredible ways to use chiles. We've gone from reviewing the fiery habanero to enjoying the almost sweet meatiness of the pasilla chile.  I have not even begun to tap into international cuisines and their uses of chiles. Celia and Gail...I have not forgotten your suggestions and have plans to bring it for you yet. So make sure to check in periodically. I totally want to get on the hot and sour soup and curry.

We decided to go out with a bang. A whole boat load of peppery chile thoughts were running through my head. All day long I kept thinking of all the things I could have done this month and what I could share on this last day of MoFo 2010. I'm pretty sure my mom and my sister think I'm a crazy cooking obsessed weirdo. But nonetheless they celebrated a fantastic day and a fantastic month of MoFo with me tonight. We covered a several peppers tonight: jalapenos, peppadews and piri piris. I tried to jam in chipotle, but my sis wasn't to excited about chipotle in her cosmo. Hee hee. I hope you had as much fun as I did this month. I am looking forward to sharing more with you so come back and visit often.

So here it is: the official MoFo Happiest of Happy Hours!

Here my mom (who is visiting from Illinois), my sister and I enjoyed a toast with Prickly Pear Cosmos and Dirty Martinis made with local Queen Creek Olive Company "Spanish Fly" dirty martini mix. Oh man so good...both of them...and yes I did drink both. MMMmmmm.


Here we have a nice shot of the fabulous ingredients of my dirty martini. Oh yeah, garnishing that bad boy with Jalapeno Mexican Lime stuffed olives (also from Queen Creek Olive Mill) and Peppedews! It was a local and truly special treat.


Check this out. Pepper/Chile Mania
The happy hour menu: 
Seared Tofu with Piri Piri Sauce, Jalapeno Wingettes, Artichoke-Peppedew Tepanade Bruschetta


Here's a closer shot of the tapas. The Piri Piri Sauce is in the white bowl. It is a Peruvian specialty.


Yet even more intimate shot of the seared 'fu with Piri Piri


I can't resist sharing this picture of multi-colored pepper action. So beautiful even in their simplest form.


6 comments:

Jackie said...

What a fun day we had! From gathering the ingredients to testing the yummy appetizers and enjoying the bevvies! When you asked me what I liked the best - I just couldn't decide. I never thought I was a chili girl but I have been converted! Thanks for a fabulous day!

Tami said...

It all looks incredible, but that seared tofu is really, really something! You know how to celebrate- and it's so wonderful to see your family.

Jen Treehugger said...

Lovely photos. Well done on all your MoFo'ing.
:)

Veg-In-Training said...

Thanks girls. It was a fun day and a fun month. I'm ready to enjoy a few blog free days, then bring on some more fun.

celyn said...

Lovely food and even lovelier family! You all look really happy.

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful!