Wednesday, June 1, 2011

21 is Sweet


This month my niece turned 21. It is hard to believe that she was only 7 months old when I moved to Arizona. She has really become a beautiful, caring, compassionate, creative and wonderful woman. Her love of family and friends is amazing. She is one person that is so pleasant and easy to be around. I am so proud of her and how far she has come.  I can hardly wait to see where the next chapter of life takes her.

To celebrate the big 2 - 1. We had a Mustache (the mustaches are vegan hee hee) Cocktail Party. I was in charge of desserts. My sister requested that I make some mini cupcakes with edible glitter on them. I decided to make the basic vanilla cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World. I added a touch of pink champagne to the batter. They were topped with a pink champagne buttercream, said edible glitter and marzipan 21's. To me chocolate is a must at any chick celebration, so I made two versions of truffles: chili chocolate and Kahlua. My recipe is still in progress. I am not totally happy with the texture, but they were rich and chocolate!

Happy Birthday Riley!

4 comments:

foodfeud said...

Legal age sweets, I love it! I've made amaretto truffles before which also are great with chocolate.

Veg-In-Training said...

Oh yes, Amaretto would be yummy!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Your cupcakes look gorgeous.

Veg-In-Training said...

Thanks!!!