Thursday, October 9, 2008

Vegan MOFO Day 9 - Hot Stuff


I have a confession to make. I was hoping that my vegan MOFO entries would be a creative outpouring of new recipes to make all of you drool. I have been so darn busy with travelling, work, and school that I haven't been able to live up to my expectations. This makes me very sad. I hope to have some time off after tomorrow to start creating again. So today's entry pictures are going to be some re-runs.

I love hot and spicy food; not they type that hurts you for hours, but the type that makes your tastebuds stand at attention and know that you are really eating something worthwhile.

I bring you Hatch green chilis. There are no better chilis in my opinion. Here is a 25 pound batch of the roasted beauties. I haven't had much time to make many goodies with these yet, but be prepared in the coming week or two for some new recipes with these awesome babies. They are only available one time a year. They come from New Mexico. The flavor and texture is beyond compare.

Fred just showed up and we are heading out on the road. I will expand on this post when I get back in town. Because this post was so lame, I am working on a new recipe to add to this post in the next day or two. My hatches are thawed and ready to go. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nomnom I LoVe spicy food!